I've spent 4 days enjoying family, cooking and eating food. I have NOT done any homework or work and it's a beautiful thing.
The day before most people sacrifice a turkey, I enjoyed the season's first snowfall. There's something comforting about snowfall on a holiday.
The fear of snow, however, kept my in-laws from traveling to our house for a feast. Our family was really bummed and my wife was quite sad that they didn't join us. Despite our disappointment and sadness at spending the day without family or friends, the three of us had a lovely day. Mr. Man worked on legos at the table while we cooked. We made a Tofurkey dinner, but I added a few things - like a vegan pot roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, cheezey veggie soup and cinnamon rolls at Mr. Man's request. Amazing amounts of good food.
My wife and I enjoyed watching a movie for two nights in a row. Unfortunately, both movies were average. Nonetheless, we cuddled, ate popcorn and watched a movie uninterrupted. I can't remember when we last did that. Top that with the fact that we flirted all weekend. Who knew that you could have romance in a marriage of 13 years?
This oasis of peace was briefly interrupted by the in-laws who descended upon the house with their rude behavior, child unfriendly conversation and general lack of consideration. Nonetheless Mr. Man got to see his Nana and Papa and I cooked another feast. This time we prepared an Unturkey for comparison's sake and I cooked more gravy, butternut squash soup and veggies. We enjoyed vegan apple pie while the other folks had pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Another very good meal.
I've got the remainder of today to enjoy and then it's back to reality. I wish I could stop the clock.
No comments:
Post a Comment