
My food prep fest continued tonight. I made carrot muffins with walnuts and raisins. They're yummy. The piece de resistance is the tofu apple spring rolls. It's a Vegan Lunch Box recipe. Jennifer Shmoo's husband says this one recipe alone was worth the cost of her cookbook. He's not kidding.
It took about 3 hours from marinade to rolling, but so worth it. The tofu is pressed and marinated in a fresh orange juice marinade. Then it's baked. It was hard not to eat all the tofu out of the pan. But we diced our tofu and shredded cabbage, apples, carrots and scallions. The fun part is rolling up the spring rolls. My wife and I did it together.
We each have a container of the most amazing spring rolls and awesome peanut sauce for our lunch tomorrow and two carrot muffins for breakfast.
I'm most proud of Mr. Man's lunch, pictured above. He has two spring rolls wrapped in a lettuce leaf, orange sections, a carrot muffin and a rice cake with hazelnut and almond butters. He has soy sauce for dipping, as peanuts are banned from his classroom.
I have to sleep for a few hours, but when I wake up exhausted I get to revel in the fact that I have amazing food waiting for me.
Oh, and our kababs were awesome. Even Mr. Man ate the veggies, seitan and tofu off the skewer like corn on the cob.
1 comment:
yes, if you move to the PDX area
Post a Comment