Saturday, June 30, 2007

Delicate

I was walking in Laurelhust Park on Monday night with my lover. I love this classic, strolling park with its huge trees and, on this particular night, copulating couples in clear view. We, however, were walking, talking and enjoying the sights on a beautiful night.

I left him a message Tuesday after work, hoping to find a time to see him again.

My phone rang Wednesday morning at 6:40am. It was the hospital and he had been in a car wreck. He has two compression fractures in his spine. An elderly driver, speeding to catch up to a driver who had cut him off, passed my lover on the right-hand shoulder of an interstate highway and swiped both the guardrail and my lover's car, sending them all in a tailspin. The elderly driver hit the median first and broke off a piece of the cement barricade. My lover's car hit this fragment and his collision ended with his car up on the median.



He is alive and will heal. Hug everyone you love.

1 comment:

Sonya Schryer Norris said...

I'll keep you both in my thoughts.