Tuesday, August 08, 2006

High Queen and the Wave Piercer

Mr. Man and I rode to the local park, where he likes to climb these sturdy, small trees that resemble rhododendrons. The leaf looks identical, but these are more like trees than bushes. They're everywhere here, but I don't know what they're called. He likes to climb these trees and he does it well. Tonight when he got to his highest perch, he loudly proclaimed, "I am the highest queen!"

I ate lunch (paid for by El Corpo) today on a floating restaurant. Forget that seafood dominated the menu. I enjoyed the sun and bobbing on the soft sway of the river. Nearby on the marina was this cool, space-agey looking small sailing vessel. At least we thought it was a boat - it's unlike any I've ever seen before. Riding home on the bus tonight, I got a better look and saw that it is called Earthrace. Turns out it's a 4-crew, 8-bed, 100% biodiesel, wave-piercing ship traversing the globe. Read more about it. It's super cool - and the GPS system will allow you to track it to our beautiful city.

No comments: