Thursday, April 24, 2008

All Good

Some days you never forget. Some days are so hard you want to quit. I love days like today--the kind that are so good it hurts.

The day started off on the right foot with a playful morning in bed with the wife. Mr. Man was sick and I'm fighting a cold, too, so I enjoyed a day spent at home hanging out with him. He built an amazing ship with 4 decks, a grand staircase and a mast out of paper and tape. I was merely the maker of the steps and an occasional consultant.

Checking my email first thing in the morning I discovered a very important person in my life contacted me. We haven't had any contact for over five years. I thought we would never speak again. Yet there he was. Unbelievable and wonderful.

After passing my speed test last week, I've now been elevated to the next rank in Poekoelan. This week was the first week of my new classes. Tonight's class was awesome in a kick your ass and put your life in perspective way. I love my art.

So here I sit in bed, having a rock concert and reflecting on the day. Smiling.

No comments: