Thursday, April 24, 2008

Promotions

Last week I passed my speed test in Cun Tao (self defense) training in Poekoelan Tjiminde Tulen. That meant defending against 100 attacks in 6 minutes or less. This marks the entry into the Third Phase of training our art and my rank is now symbolized not by a white belt


but by a white sash. I received my sash on Monday and I spent the next night sewing on all the fringe before my next class.


Tonight Mr. Man was given his very first speed test and he passed! I asked him what his intention was before class and he told me focus. He has been announcing for some time that he was going to pass his very first speed test. He intended to do so and he did. Awesome. I will happily sew on his fringe.

Here he is at his celebratory dinner at our favorite vegan cafe. He always gets French toast and tofu. We played hangman and he is telling me how many more moves I have left. I love this kid.

No comments: