Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Very Portland

Today was pickup day for one of our CSAs. It was also a day I rode my bike to work. I didn't realize until late morning that I would have to cart home our 12 items from the CSA in my panniers. On top of that, I had a few items to pick up at the grocery store on my lunch hour. And, of course, we absolutely needed some fresh berries from the farmer's market for lunches tomorrow. I totally geeked out fitting all of this in my new panniers (recently purchased after this month's bike theft incident.)

It doesn't look like much here. I found myself grateful that I had some bungie cords with me to affix my purse (made from recycled bike inner tubes) to my rear rack.



With some creative packing, I managed to get all of this home to the safety of my kitchen:



The aerial shot misses the fact that there are three containers stacked high of hummus, salsa and Italian vegetable soup.

Before I left the office a coworker looked into my cubicle and inquired if my produce was in a bike bag. When I replied yes, he told me I would look "very Portland" on my way home.

Indeed.

No comments: