Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Air I Breathe

Here on the precipice of Equinox the landscape seems vastly different from Lammas. Clearly there has been growth, for now all around me I see bounty and beauty. Like the cycle of the garden, some of my personal bounty is withered and dying and returning to the Earth to fertilize future growth. I'm enriching my soil. In other areas I see nothing but fresh fruit, ripe for picking and enjoying.

Mr. Man has settled comfortably into school, such a relief from the difficult adjustment he had last year. I think I see the hint of pride in his eyes as he describes how he confidently began to dig into his work on the first days of school. His teacher agrees that he has matured so much.

My wife, ever the amazing woman, still wrestles the beast of migraines. Like the stock market recently she has great good days and awful bad days and it's anyone's guess what's the cause. Tonight she seems taken by some crazy food poisoning or food allergy reaction that's had her puking by the side of the road and huddled over the toilet all night. In her weakest, sickest state I still find her beautiful and powerful.

The joy of the start of school is that once again my wife has need to pass by my office on the way to and from school. I've seen her three times so far this week for lovely lunch, coffee and kissing breaks. Her face brings pleasure to my otherwise painful work day. I pity the other schmucks around me who don't have it this good.

My own wellness is at an all-time peak. I'm riding to work every day and enjoying crossfit classes. In July and August Mr. Man and I rode three 28-30 mile rides. I'm stronger and leaner than I have been in at least two years and I feel fabulous. Aspects of my life are stressful and busy, but I feel well-balanced enough to ride the waves instead of get pulled under.

There's even new joy in my life in the form of a suitor. It's been years since I've started a relationship with a new partner and I'm finding this beginning to be particularly sweet.

So you see, bounty is thick in the air I breathe. Happy Mabon.






No comments: