This date has been floating in my head for almost a month, as it was the anticipated deadline for a hiring decision for the job I am most interested in. Many good things happened today. I picked my wife up from the airport, and she is now safely at home with us where she belongs. We stopped for a bite to eat on the way home from the airport and got home around 7:30pm. I was dreading the mail because I feared the bright orange and blue logo would appear on an envelope, politely telling me I was not selected. The only bad news in the mail was the fact that I bounced a check. The good news in the mail is that I advanced in two more positions - one for the state and one for the county. I should expect a call to schedule an interview with the county soon.
As I helped prepare Mr. Man for bed, took out the trash and scooped the cat's poop (only to have him poop again), I began feeling glum. I glanced at the Bach flower remedy, Gorse, for hopelessness and contemplated a shot. Instead I went upstairs to get in pjs and prepare for tonight's work. I notice that I have new voicemail and so I listen. I am surprised and my heart pounds when my contact in HR at the job I'm very interested in asks me to return her call before 4:30PST. She says she "looks forward to my call." (and yes, I just listened to the voicemail again). When I retrieve the voicemail, it is 4:50PST. I have missed her. I can't reach her again until 10:30 a.m. EST. A long night of waiting ahead to determine if I'm getting eliminated, getting an offer, or if there are yet more hoops.
At least I can sleep knowing that if I don't get the offer, I have interviews tomorrow and I just got word that I will be interviewed for two more positions. So now I'll begin screening the first 100 resumes from candidates who want my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment