I didn't cave in (totally) to depression and I did cook dinner:
- sweet and sour tofu (which Mr. Man devoured!)
- bulgur - some plain and some seasoned and with veggies (also a favorite of Mr. Man's)
- random leftovers from my Board meeting
- desert made from leftover poppyseed dinner rolls - buttered with cinnamon, sugar and toasted brown and drizzled with honey
During the consoling game of Parcheesi (which is fun with my wife but just plain frustrating with Mr. Man), the phone rings! Thus begins the best rejection I've ever gotten. The manager tells me that I was one of the 2 top candidates and that other managers wanted to support the internal candidate, but if it was up to her she would have hired me. She continues for an embarrassingly long time about how I'm really great and how she really wants me to work for her company. She has even gone to the length to contact the manager of the person she hired away to recommend me for the vacancy in that department and instructs me to email and call the other manager. She insists that I should apply for other positions and not limit myself to admin positions because I have great skills to grow into other roles. It was not a job offer, but it was an awesome back patting.
The day is over. It's been a rollercoaster. I'm ignoring my mountain of work and checking out to watch Firefly.
No comments:
Post a Comment