Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years Eve to Jan 9

At a New Year's Eve party, Mr. Man asked where the hosts' tree was. I clarified to determine he meant Christmas or solstice tree. I suggested that he ask our hosts if they had a tree, as I wasn't sure what holiday they celebrated, if any. He paused and replied that perhaps they're Kwanzaas. There's a new song for Dar Williams - The Christians and the Kwanzaas!

Tonight the boy tried in vain to describe an emotion. He couldn't elaborate on how the new children in his class bothered him. He put forth many excellent attempts to describe how he felt, but finally he stopped and said he couldn't explain it.

I love Mr. Man so much. I'm looking forward to quality time with him this weekend while my wife goes to a seminar in Denver. Just wish my wife didn't have to go to Denver...

Meanwhile, I'm waiting, hoping to hear very soon about the job I really want. They told me they'd hope to decide by January 9th. I'm holding my breath for the phone to ring.

No comments: