That's the place - right there. Notice there's nothing nearby - no bustling tourist traps, no hotels. Notice that I've taken the picture from the beach. This place was heaven. And they compost our food scraps and recycled our tin/plastic. I loved vacationing at a place that shared our values.
From the kitchen with the skylight, I could see the ocean as I cooked.
This was where we ate our meals - overlooking the ocean.
This is where Mr. Man slept and where I knit. The roar of the ocean was constant.
This was the view from the bedroom where my wife and I slept.
This was the path down to the beach.


At the end there was no fence, we just walked along the rocks, holding on to the rope, then stepped down the rocky slope to the sand.

We went down to the beach in all weather, although the weather was pretty nice.

This was the closest we got to a sunset.
When we left to come back, we stopped at Cape Perpetua at high tide to see the spouting horn and devil's churn. Basically it's a very rocky shore, with channels worn in where the water comes rushing in at high tide. It was pretty impressive.

Here's the spouting horn. See that tall puff, that happens after the wave crashes, because the water has gone into a cave and puffs out the top.
We stopped by the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse as we drove home. Somewhat interesting, but a lousy historical movie that ended with a gruesome ghost story. Nice.While only 3 days long, it was the best vacation ever.
1 comment:
Wow, gorgeous!
Post a Comment