
Yes, my wife is super cute. But this post is about my knitting. After two failed attempts at a hat for her, I went wild and abandoned all patterns to create this lovely red hat for my wife.

I was particularly taken with the decreasing pattern on the top of the hat. The hat's only flaw is that it is perhaps an inch or two too tall, providing a bit of a tufted point on the top of the hat.

That feature, combined with the fact that I alternated patterns to create a horizontal ribbed effect, is why we have coined this hat the condom hat - complete with a reservoir tip. In front of Mr. Man we call it the ribbed hat for the G audience.
But tonight was my proudest moment in knitting thus far. With two nieces/nephews on the way, I've been deep into the baby patterns. To date I have not made a sock, though I yearn to make some as intricate as this some day.
Drumroll please, tonight I shaped my first heel. It is the heel of a little bootie.

Not much to see here, but trust me it will be so cute when finished.

Okay, here it looks like a cock warmer, but it's destined for the itty bitty foot of a newborn baby.
1 comment:
Super, super wow. Are you sure you haven't been knitting for many years?
Post a Comment