This recipe is from How it all Vegan, slightly modified with less sugar and oil, suitable for Mr. Man's lunch. I've read others who have been experimenting with making their own granola bars, so when I stumbled upon a recipe just a few pages away in the cookbook, I threw a pan together. I like the sesame seeds on top. Once again, I cut the sugar in half.
Here's what they look like when cut.
They are quite tasty and despite the sugar reduction, still taste like desert. They are somewhat chewy, but mostly crumbly. Next time I'll go crazy and add dried cherries instead of raisins and perhaps tinker with the recipe a bit more to get them chewier.I was craving more Chick Cutlets, but we were out of chickpeas. So I winged a mockup using white kidney beans. Kidneys are actually much easier to mash by hand and make a smoother dough. I seasoned them with Italian herbs and baked them up just the same and they came out perfecto. We each have one in our lunch tomorrow - my wife and Mr. Man in a sandwich and me with pasta.

Now the dishwasher is running and there are still dishes in the sink.
No comments:
Post a Comment